All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Presidents covers the history of the presidents of the United States of America from George Washington to Barack Obama and contains information on the influences of our country's leaders including the people in their personal and professional lives. From birth to manhood, presidency and post-presidency, THE AMERICAN PRESIDENTS brings to life the men who have shaped the highest office in the land and affected the course of the United States from its founding to the present day. Beginning with George Washington, who had already refused to be made king of this country when he reluctantly accepted the office of president, this fascinating book takes the reader all the way through the 2008 election of Barack Obama. Each comprehensive yet concise portrait is written to bring the man behind the office vividly to life, including the influences of childhood, education and previous careers, style, and his successes and failures as president. Revealing anecdotes, famous (and infamous) quotes, and scholarly interpretations by historians capture each man's philosophy of leadership and his vision for America. A special section of tables at the end of the book summarizes important facts about the presidents and their terms of office, including information about first ladies, vice presidents, presidential elections, Cabinets and leading officials, political control of Congress, presidential historical sites, and much more.
- Author BiographyThe late David C. Whitney was an author of American history. His books include Founders of Freedom, The American Legacy, Two Dynamic Decades, and The People of the Revolution: Colonial Spirit of '76. His wife, Robin Vaughn Whitney, has revised and updated the 8th and now the 9th edition.
- Author(s)David C Whitney
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationDevon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReader's Digest Association
- Content Noteblack & white plates
- Weight1275 g
- Width185 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement11th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.