All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry is an indispensable resource for psychiatric clinicians and trainees charged with assessing, diagsing, and treating mental disorders in our nation's burgeoning population of older adults, as well as the nurses and other professionals who provide critically important care day to day. Building on the prodigious strengths of previous editions, this revision is the most current, comprehensive, and systematic textbook of geriatric psychiatry available today, and the only one that is DSM-5 concordant. The text's organization is user-friendly and practical, with sections addressing the basic science of geriatric psychiatry, the diagstic interview in late life, psychiatric disorders in late life, treatment, and special topics. In addition, an array of useful features are included: The new DSM-5 structure and classifications have been integrated into every chapter, ensuring that readers understand how the changes impact diagsis and patient care. Not only do the authors provide up-to-date information on psychiatric disorders, they also contextualize that information for the geriatric population, presenting the latest thinking on the phemelogy, diagsis, and assessment of late-life mental disorders such as dementia and other neurocognitive disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and circadian rhythm disorders. All treatment sections have been thoroughly updated to incorporate the most recent kwledge and research findings on psychotherapeutic, psychopharmacological, and other somatic treatments. The book offers an impressive set of graphical and illustrative features to help the reader comprehend and retain the material, including outlines, bulleted key points, and tables, as well as lists of essential readings to deepen understanding of complex topics. Widely recognized as the standard in its field, The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry serves a critical need for clinicians challenged to meet the mental health needs of an aging population.
- Author BiographyDavid C. Steffens, M.D., M.H.S., is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, Connecticut. Dan G. Blazer, M.D., Ph.D., is J. P. Gibbons Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences; Professor of Community and Family Medicine; and Vice Chair of Academic Development at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, North Carolina. Mugdha E. Thakur, M.D., is Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Director of the Geriatric Psychiatry Training Program in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, North Carolina.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication18/03/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Note18 figures, 83 tables
- Weight1439 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byDan G. Blazer,David C. Steffens,Mugdha E. Thakur
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.