The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychopharmacology by American Psychiatric Association Publishing (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $528.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $498.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychopharmacology is w updated to keep you abreast of the latest research and trends in the field. Covering both basic science and clinical practice, this new edition draws on the talents of 53 new contributors - with the total increased from 139 to 158 - to guarantee fresh, authoritative perspectives on advances in psychiatric drug therapy. Introductory chapters provide a theoretical grounding in clinical applications, with coverage ranging from neurotransmitters to clinical trial design. The Classes of Psychiatric Treatment section is a virtual pharmacopoeia, with chapters devoted to specific agents. It presents information by class of drug, and for each agent provides data on indications, side effects, interactions, and more - including drugs likely to become available in the near future. Chapters in the Clinical Psychobiology and Psychiatric Syndromes section review the neurological underpinnings of specific disorders, providing a context for understanding psychopharmacological approaches to treatment. Coverage of those treatments encompasses state-of-the-art approaches to psychiatric disorders; specific patient populations, such as children and pregnant women; difficult-to-manage conditions like insomnia; and specific guidance on drug selection and prescription. Among the features of the fourth edition are the following; A new chapter on gemics and genetics covers basic methodologies and concepts to help you interpret the avalanche of data appearing in the human neuroscience literature. Expanded chapters address newly approved agents, including the antidepressant desvenlafaxine, the antipsychotic paliperidone, and the anticonvulsant pregabalin. A new chapter on the neurobiology of childhood disorders considers data relating to pervasive developmental disorders, psychoses, learning disorders, disruptive behavior disorder/ADHD, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder/Tourette's syndrome, PTSD, and pediatric anxiety disorders. A new chapter on treatment of chronic pain syndromes discusses major classes of medications as they relate to pain management and covers prevalent disorders - such as fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis - in which this is a priority and for which evidence-based therapy is available. A new, comprehensive review of ethical considerations in psychopharmacological treatment and research addresses such concerns as high-risk pharmacotherapy, long-acting medications, and off-label prescribing. Solidly established as an authoritative and comprehensive source, the new edition of this new edition of The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychopharmacology is even more indispensable for clinicians and researchers alike.
- Author BiographyAlan F. Schatzberg, M.D., is Kenneth T. Norris Jr. Professor and Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, California. Charles B. Nemeroff, M.D., Ph.D., is Reunette W. Harris Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Note31 colour illustrations, 6 halftones, 99 line drawings, 145 tables
- Weight3583 g
- Width152 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Edited byAlan F. Schatzberg,Charles B. Nemeroff
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.