All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Society of Addiction Medicine Handbook of Addiction Medicine is a practical, evidence-based guide to the identification and treatment of substance use disorders. Produced by the largest medical society dedicated to the improvement of addiction care, it begins with screening and brief intervention and an overview of treatment. This is followed by substance-specific chapters covering: alcohol, sedatives, opioids, tobacco, stimulants, hallucigens, cannabiids, inhalants, anabolic steroids and prescription drug misuse. Substance-specific chapters cover pharmacology, acute effects and intoxication, withdrawal, medical complications and treatment. The handbook concludes with chapters on the medical care of patients with substance use disorders, psychiatric co-occurring disorders, special populations and ethical and legal considerations. Chapters include practical tools and treatment protocols that can be used in outpatient and inpatient settings. To learn more about the American Society of Addiction Medicine, and its commitment to providing the best resources for addiction clinicians, please visit http://www.asam.org.
- Author BiographyDarius Rastegar attended college at the University of Wisconsin, Madison and medical school at University of Pennsylvania. He completed his internal medicine training at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. He is the medical director for the Chemical Dependence Unit at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. He is also board certified in Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine. Michael Fingerhood attended college at Johns Hopkins University and medical school at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He completed his internal medicine training and a chief residency at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. He is the director of the Division of Chemical Dependence at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. The American Society of Addiction Medicine is a professional society representing over 3,200 physicians and associated professionals dedicated to increasing access and improving quality of addiction treatment; educating physicians, other medical professionals and the public; supporting research and prevention; and promoting the appropriate role of physicians in the care of patients with addiction.
- Author(s)Darius A. Rastegar,Michael Fingerhood
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width141 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.