All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychoanalyst, teacher, and scholar, Heinz Kohut was one of the twentieth century's most important intellectuals. A rebel according to many mainstream psychoanalysts, Kohut challenged Freudian orthodoxy and the medical control of psychoanalysis in America. In his highly influential book The Analysis of the Self , Kohut established the industry standard of the treatment of personality disorders for a generation of analysts. This volume, best kwn for its groundbreaking analysis of narcissism, is essential reading for scholars and practitioners seeking to understand human personality in its many incarnations.
- Author BiographyHeinz Kohut (1913-81) was professorial lecturer in psychiatry at the University of Chicago and president of the American Psychoanalytic Association. He is the author of many books, including How Does Analysis Cure? and The Curve of Life, both published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Heinz Kohut
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.