All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionBefore John Sayles was an Oscar-minated screenwriter, he was a National Book Award-minated writer of fiction. The Anarchists' Convention is his first short story collection, providing a prism of America through fifteen stories. These everyday people--a kid on the road heading west, aging political activists, a lonely woman in Boston--go about their business with humor and resilience, dealing more in possibility than fact. In the widely anthologized and O. Henry Award-winning I-80 Nebraska, Sayles perfectly renders the image of a pill-popping trucker who has become a legend of the road.
- Author BiographyIf the U.S. were to boast one great independent film director, he would be John Sayles, a cult figure among his admirers. Nominated for both an Academy Award for scriptwriting and a National Book Award, Sayles has written screenplays, teleplays, short stories, and novels and has worked as a script doctor for a virtual who's who of Hollywood film and television talent.
- Author(s)John Sayles
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication31/03/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNation Books
- Weight335 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.