All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson took one more journey to Las Vegas in search of the American dream? What if the ghost of Ted Binion of the legendary Binion's Horseshoe Casi haunted his former home? What if Andre Agassi were caught up in a futuristic courtroom drama? From a historical saga of Las Vegas' early days to a madcap clone war along a sci-fi Strip, these questions, and more, are explored by writers tackling the challenge of creating a fictional story around a Las Vegas icon. Contributors include Scott Dickensheets, deputy editor of Nevada Public Radio's Desert Companion magazine, C.J. Mosher, teacher and 41 year resident of Las Vegas, Drew Cohen, co-founder of the Writer's Block, an independent bookstore in Las Vegas, Jessie Humphries, born and raised in Las Vegas and author of Killing Ruby Rose, Helen H. Moore, teacher, poet, journalist, and cartoonist, Sonya Padgett, who has worked in print journalism in Las Vegas for 17 years, Erica Vital-Lazare, who teaches creative writing at the College of Southern Nevada, and the editor-in-chief of the Red Rock Review literary journal, and Douglas S. Elfman, an award-winning entertainment columnist for the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- Author BiographyGeoff Schumacher is a writer, editor, and museum executive in Las Vegas. He is the author of Sun, Sin & Suburbia: The History of Modern Las Vegas and Howard Hughes: Power, Paranoia & Palace Intrigue. He edited Nevada: 150 Years in the Silver State, as well as more than 20 other books. He lives in Las Vegas.
- PublisherHuntington Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleLas Vegas Writes
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLas Vegas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuntington Press
- Weight242 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGeoff Schumacher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.