All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionA year after the events narrated in The Alienist, the cast of characters from that vel are again brought together to investigate a crime committed in the heady days of New York in the 1890s, but this time narrated by the orphan Stevie Taggert. A young child, the daughter of Spanish diplomats, disappears. It seems she has been abducted but ransom te is received and the detectives Isaacson quickly discover that a nurse, Elspeth Hunter, is probably the kidnapper. They also discover that Hunter has been a little too closely connected with the death of three other infants. But what are her motives? She married a fortune, and although she is connected to some fairly rough villains this crime does t fit their modus operandi. Is it something as 'simple' as psychological disturbance due to her own inability to bear children, or something more sinister unguessed at?
- Author BiographyCaleb Carr was born in New England in 1951 and now lives in New York. He was a military historian, teaching at Columbia, before the success of his first novel enabled him to become a full-time writer.
- Author(s)Caleb Carr
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleLaszlo Kreizler & John Schuyler Moore
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight496 g
- Width127 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.