All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Angel of Mons recounts the tale of the advancement of German troops through Mons in 1914, to meet the ill--prepared British Expeditionary Force. The British troops were forced to retreat, with little hope of saving the lives of those at the front. It is in these extreme circumstances that many of the wounded and dying soldiers brought back from the Western Front, reported having been rescued by strange angelic forms in the sky that protected them from massacre -- The Angel of Mons. David Clarke follows this and other myths and rumours in an effort to trace the reality behind the Angel of Mons and discover what it was the soldiers saw.
- Author BiographyDavid Clarke is an acknowledged expert on supernatural beliefs of twentieth century war. He has written seven books on strange phenomena and UFOs and has been an advisor on this subject both to print and broadcast media. He teaches on traditions of supernatural belief at the Centre for English Folklore studies at the University of Sheffield.
- Author(s)David Clarke
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.