All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive how-to manual on tackle, techniques and locations, shown step by step in over 1200 pictures. It features over 1200 photographs and illustrations, including step-by-step instructional sequences throughout. It covers all the major species of fish, and gives information on their habitat and location, feeding habits and how to identify them. It includes details of the best lures and baits to use, with guidance for every level of angler, and clear, step-by-step instruction on tying flies. It offers expert advice on where to fish, what to fish for, the best fishing techniques for all kinds of species, and locations and tips on reading all types of water. Angling is one of the most popular sports around the world, giving thousands of hours of pleasure to fishermen and women of all ages and levels. Here is extensive expert advice on the best fishing techniques and locations, and how to select rods, reels, lines, flies and plugs as well as clothes and accessories for all situations. The various skills involved in freshwater, saltwater and game fishing are covered in detail, with diagrams and explanations of different techniques. The book includes an in-depth visual guide to the major species the angler is likely to encounter, with advice on recognition, size potential and feeding habits, together with professional tips of the trade on how to catch each type.
- Author BiographyMartin Ford has been a keen fly fisher since casting a line to a trout on a Yorkshire trout stream as a child, and contributes regularly to Salmon and Trout magazine. Peter Gathercole is a leading fly dresser, game fishing author and natural history photographer. Tony Miles has more than 40 years coarse fishing experience and specialises in specimen hunting. He writes every month for Coarse Fisherman and has written several books.
- Author(s)Martin Ford,Peter Gathercole,Tony Miles
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Note1200 photographs
- Weight1451 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.