All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe publication of the Wellesley manuscript marks the first complete edition of fifty-three poems by the most talented and significant woman poet of the Restoration and eighteenth century. Anne Finch (1661-1720) wrote most of these poems in the last decade of her life, and they are essential to a complete evaluation of her work. This authoritative edition, edited by Barbara McGovern and Charles H. Hinnant, is useful for scholars and all readers of eighteenth-century poetry and women's literature. It contains textual tes, commentary, and an introduction that examines many of the issues relevant to Finch's poetry, including political climate, literary milieu, personal circumstances, and gender awareness.
- Author BiographyBarbara McGovern is an associate professor of English at Ohio State University, Mansfield and the author of Anne Finch and Her Poetry (Georgia). Charles H. Hinnant is a professor of English at the University of Missouri and the author of The Poetry of Anne Finch.
- Author(s)Anne Finch
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/09/1998
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Weight535 g
- Width139 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Volume editorBarbara McGovern,Countess of Winchilsea
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.