Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains a keenly observed, pointed and laugh-out-loud funny story of small town alienation and self-affirmation through rock. In a small town in the mid-west five eccentric misfits find each other and form a rock band to rail against the endless homogeneity and conformity of day-to-day life. As their first gig approaches, one is prepared for the impact it will have on their lives, their community and their future. Luster (lead singer and song writer) is the middle child of thirteen gun-toting, crack-dealing brothers, all called Jerome.He speaks like a dictionary, wears dress shoes at all times and likes thing better than to confront the humaids whose predictable behaviour incenses him. Eight-year-old borderline sociopath Ember (bass guitar) is impossibly cute but wants to destroy the world and everyone it, while her eighty-year-old babysitter Opal (lead guitar) is a party mad nymphomaniac who refuses to age gracefully and is running scared of her nieces' desire to put her in a nursing home. Effete Iraqi Ray (keyboards) loves his adoptive homeland of America and has come there on a mission -- to find and apologise to the soldier he shot in the first Gulf War. Last but t least is gorgeous, Satan-worshipping preacher's daughter and ex-stripper Aurora (drums), who hates the fact that her wheelchair doesn't stop men objectifying her.
- Author BiographyJoey Goebel is a self-possessed, funny, astute and vastly entertaining storyteller, with a kick-ass quiff. He was born in 1980 and grew up in Henderson, Kentucky. He toured the US for a year as lead singer with The Mullets , has written 5 screenplays and had his first novel published at the age of 23.
- Author(s)Joey Goebel
- PublisherOld Street Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld Street Publishing
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.