All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionAt the age of 128, Carlton Jeffries finds himself with a unique distinction. He's the only remaining baby boomer-a generation raised against a backdrop of dramatic social change. But in the year 2087, hardly anything remains of the radical ideas and dreams the boomers brought to life. Left with thing but a simple tumble-down shelter on Maine's Appalachian Trail, Jeffries takes a moment to reflect on his long and turbulent life and how the world has evolved toward its current state-from the political fracture of the United States to inevitable social and climate change. Beginning with the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Jeffries recounts a unique history filled with heartaches, triumphs, and disappointments, as well as love lost and found. Throughout moments of uncertainty and soul-searching, hiking the Appalachian trail remains a constant source of stability, both in the stalgic past and the distant future. The Appalachian is a compelling look at the lives of the baby boomer generation-including the historical events that would forever shape their futures. Spanning 128 years, this thought-provoking read serves as both an insightful glimpse into the past and a warning of what the future could have in store.
- Author BiographyKirk Ward Robinson is an avid traveler, hiker, and outdoorsman who has circumnavigated the globe and lived in every American time zone. An author of multiple genres of literature, his novel Life in Continuum was named one of Kirkus Review 's best of 2012. In addition to thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail twice, he has crossed the Pyrenees and Alps on foot and cycled across the United States, Europe, South Korea, and New Zealand. Over the years, Robinson has worked in a variety of careers-including roles as a bicycle mechanic, bookstore manager, and chief operating officer. Currently, he lives and works on a small ancestral farm in Tennessee. You can visit him online at http: //www.KirkWardRobinson.com.
- Author(s)Kirk Ward Robinson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight984 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.