All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Mordecai Richler, one of our greatest satirists, comes one of literature's most delightful characters, Duddy Kravitz -- in a vel that belongs in the pantheon of seminal twentieth century books. Duddy -- the third generation of a Jewish immigrant family in Montreal -- is combative, amoral, scheming, a liar, and totally hilarious. From his street days tormenting teachers at the Jewish academy to his time hustling four jobs at once in a grand plan to be somebody, Duddy learns about living -- and the lesson is an outrageous roller-coaster ride through the human comedy. As Richler turns his blistering commentary on love, money, and politics, The Apprenticeship Of Duddy Kravitz becomes a lesson for us all...in laughter and in life.
- Author BiographyMordecai Richler was born in Montreal in 1931. Among his most successful novels are The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (made into an acclaimed film starring Richard Dreyfuss), St. Urbain's Horseman, Solomon Gursky Was Here, and Barney's Version. He divides his time between Canada (Montreal and Lake Memphremagog) and London.
- Author(s)Mordecai Richler
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWashington Square Press Inc.,N.Y.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight492 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.39Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.