All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > The farming of aquatic organisms is one of the most promising but controversial new industries in Canada. The industry has the potential to solve food supply problems, but critics believe it poses unacceptable threats to human health, local communities, and the environment. This book is t about the methods and techniques of aquaculture, but it is an exploration of the controversy itself. The authors present the controversy as a multi-layered conflict about kwledge, rights, and development. Comprehensive and balanced, this book addresses one of the most contentious public policy and environmental issues facing the world today.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > Nathan Young is an assistant professor of sociology at the University of Ottawa. Ralph Matthews is a professor of sociology at the University of British Columbia and professor emeritus of sociology at McMaster University.
- Author(s)Nathan Young,Ralph Matthews
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures, charts
- Weight458 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.