All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fully revised new edition, Kirsten Schulze brings us to a new understanding of the causes, course and consequences of the Arab-Israeli Conflict. Schulze analyses the dynamics of the violence and explores the numerous attempts at resolving the conflict. She assesses why, in the cases of Israel-Egypt in 1978 and Israel-Jordan in 1994, negotiations succeeded in bringing about a lasting peace and why, in the cases of Israel, and the Palestinians, Syria and Leban, they failed to do so. Written in a clear and accessible style, this fully updated second edition: * Traces the origins of the conflict from their first intellectual roots in the 19th century. * Examines the actions and aims of the competing nationalist movements during the period of the British Mandate which led to the creation of the state of Israel. * Outlines and analyses each of the Arab-Israeli conflicts from the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 to the 2006 Leban war and the on-going, second Palestinian uprising With a diverse collection of documents and a Chrology, Glossary, Guide to Further Reading, and a Who's Who summarizing the careers and contributions of the main figures, this book is absolutely vital to understanding the current Israeli-Palestinian violence, the intra-Palestinian rift between Hamas and Fatah, and why the Arab-Israeli conflict has become the centre of Muslim politics, both violent and n-violent, across the world.
- Author BiographyKirsten E. Schulze is senior lecturer in the Department of International History at the London School of Economics. Her recent publications include Israel's Covert Diplomacy in Lebanon (1997) and The Jews of Lebanon: Between Coexistence and Conflict (2004) as well as articles on Israeli-Lebanese relations in the 1950s, Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon, and the al-Aqsa Intifada.
- Author(s)Kirsten E. Schulze
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/07/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleSeminar Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemaps
- Weight370 g
- Width175 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.