All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSamar Najm Abul Huda's translation of Ahmad ibn Yusuf al Tifaschi's study of gems. Born in 1184, Al Tifaschi first learned about gems from his father, and augmented his kwledge through readings of Aristotle, Theophrastus, and Pliny, as well as through extensive travels to mines and trading centers. In 1253, he wrote what later became kwn as the most 'methodical and complete' work on precious stones. Gemologists of today are still astounded by the advanced observations that Al Tifaschi made in this work.
- Author BiographySamar Najm Abul Huda is a specialist in the translation of medieval Arabic works on gemology, and is currently researching Arab lapidaries of the 8th through the 14th centuries.
- Author(s)Ahmad ibn Yusuf Tifashi,Samar Najm Abul Huda
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication11/12/1997
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note2 b&w photographs
- Weight485 g
- Width145 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.