All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionPrized for their stamina and their acclimation to the harsh conditions of the Arabian deserts, the ancestors of the horses that are w recognized as the Egyptian Arabian purebred horse entered Egypt centuries ago, establishing the valuable bloodlines of the breed there. The breeding programs in Egypt therefore became the root source for the finest Arabian horses, attracting passionate enthusiasts from all corners of the world. Artists, poets, and historians have for centuries been inspired by their great beauty and romantic legacy. Nasr Marei is the third-generation owner of a stud farm in Giza, Egypt. His love for and kwledge of the Egyptian Arabian horse, coupled with his sensitive and striking photography, have inspired this visual tribute. His extraordinary photographs, accompanied by text that traces the history and evolution of the Arabian's journey into Egypt, celebrate the lineage of this living treasure of Egyptian heritage.
- Author BiographyNasr Marei holds a PhD from the University of California, Davis. He is the co-founder and vice-chairman of the Egyptian Arabian Horse Breeders Association. Cynthia Culbertson holds a degree in Near Eastern Languages and Cultures from Indiana University, where she specialized in Arabic Language and Islamic religion. She has an international reputation as an Arabian horse historian. HRH Princess Alia Bint Al Hussein of Jordan is a world-renowned Arabian horse breeder, show judge, and director of the Royal Stables of Jordan for the Preservation of the Arabian Horse.
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2010
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographs byNasr Marei
- Foreword byHRH Princess Alia Bint Al Hussein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.