All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Arbroath Smokie is one of Scotland's best loved traditional fish delicacies, taking its name from the small coastal town in the county of Angus it has been on the menu for a thousand years. Unlike its famous fishy relatives, Finnan Haddies and Loch Fyne kippers, which are cold-smoked and require cooking before heating, Arbroath Smokies are uniquely hot-smoked, making them ready to eat straight from the smoker. In this book, Iain R. Spink, whose family have been involved in this traditional way of cooking haddock for five generations, introduces the history of the Smokie and divulges the process involved in its preparation. He also explores its ermous versatility in 30 mouth-watering recipes for all occasions, from Arbroath Smokie and Leek Chowder, and Luxury Fish Pie to Tagliatelle with Creamy Lemon Smokie, and Arbroath Smokie and Spinach Gratin.
- Author BiographyIain R. Spink works tirelessly to elevate the humble Arbroath Smokie from a local speciality to nationwide delicacy. His dedication, passion and enthusiasm for the product has led to many prestigious national awards, including being crowned 2006 BBC Food Producer of the Year. He has been featured in numerous newspaper, magazine and book articles and many TV appearances, giving him the opportunity to demonstrate the ancient process and relate its fascinating history to a huge audience. He continues to promote Arbroath Smokies throughout the year at farmers' markets and various events throughout the country.
- Author(s)Iain R. Spink
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteb/w illustrations throughout
- Weight91 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bob Dewar
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.