All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of children and childhood in historical and prehistoric life is an overlooked area of study that Jane Baxter addresses in this brief book. Her timely contribution stresses the importance of studying children as active participants in past cultures, instead of regarding them mainly for their effect on adult life. Using the critical concepts of gender and socialization, she develops new theoretical and methodological approaches for the archaeological study of this large but invisible population.
- Author BiographyJane Eva Baxter is an associate professor in the Department of Anthropology and a member of the American Studies Program Committee at DePaul University in Chicago.
- Author(s)Jane Eva Baxter
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/01/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleGender and Archaeology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width143 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.