Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionOver his long and illustrious career as Lecturer, Reader and Professor in Edinburgh University (1961-1976), Lawrence Professor of Classical Archaeology at Cambridge (1976-2001) and currently Fellow of the McDonald Institute of Archaeology at Cambridge, Anthony Sdgrass has influenced and been associated with a long series of eminent classical archaeologists, historians and linguists. In ackwledgement of his immense academic achievement, this collection of essays by a range of international scholars reflects his wide-ranging research interests: Greek prehistory, the Greek Iron Age and Archaic era, Greek texts and Archaeology, Classical Art History, societies on the fringes of the Greek and Roman world, and Regional Field Survey. Not only do they celebrate his achievements but they also represent new avenues of research which will have a broad appeal.
- Author BiographyJohn Bintliff is Emeritus Professor of Classical and Mediterranean Archaeology at Leiden University and Emeritus Professor at the University of Edinburgh. He is the author of The Complete Archaeology of Greece: From Hunter-Gatherers to the 20th Century AD (2012), The Death of Archaeological Theory? ( 2011), Conceptual Issues in Environmental Archaeology (EUP, 1988). He is the editor of A Companion to Archaeology (2003).Keith Rutter is Honorary Fellow & Professor Emeritus in Classics at the University of Edinburgh. He has published widely on the coinage and history of South Italy and Sicily in the Greek period. His publications include Campanian Coinages 475-380 BC (1979) and Greek Coinages of Southern Italy and Sicily (1997). He has been responsible for steering the Italian volume of the third edition of Historia Numorum towards publication (2001) by the British Museum Press.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight1021 g
- Width175 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJohn Bintliff,Keith Rutter
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.