All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Archaeology of Identities brings together seventeen seminal articles from this exciting new discipline in one indispensable volume for the first time. Editor Timothy Insoll expertly selects a cross-section of contributions by leading authorities to form a comprehensive and balanced representation of approaches and interests. Issues covered include: * gender and sexuality * ethnicity, nationalism and caste * age * ideology * disability. Chapters are thematically arranged and are contextualized with lucid summaries and an introductory chapter, providing an accessible introduction to the varied selection of case studies included and archaeological materials considered from global sources. The study of identity is increasingly recognized as a fundamental division of archaeological enquiry, and has recently become the focus of a variety of new and challenging developments. As such, this volume will fast become the definitive sourcebook in archaeology of identities, making it essential reading for students, lecturers and researchers in the field.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/12/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white halftones, 27 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byTimothy Insoll
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.