All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.60
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.68
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $22.85
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $36.11
About this product
- DescriptionThe legendary demise of Phil Archer's first wife is recalled in these archive editions of the much-loved BBC radio serial, plus a unique behind-the-scenes drama about Grace's death. The Archers is the longest-running radio drama in the world, and in 1955 the death of Grace Archer became one of the most torious - and controversial - events in the history of the show. Over 20 million people tuned in to hear the shocking storyline, and the BBC switchboard was jammed with thousands of calls from distraught listeners. This Archers retrospective includes the omnibus edition from September 1955, featuring the fateful night of Grace's demise, and two editions of Vintage Archers from 1986 and 1987 in which the residents of Ambridge - including Jill, Walter, Tom, Shula and Christine - gather at Christmas and remember events of the past. Finally, in the 2015 radio play Dead Girls Tell No Tales, the real-life circumstances of Grace's departure from the serial are dramatised by long-term Archers writer Joanna Toye. With a star cast including Elear Tomlinson, Simon Russell Beale, Ysanne Churchman, Jon Culshaw, Pam Ferris and Miles Jupp, it delves deep into The Archers' archives to reveal the truth about why Grace had to die. Duration: 3 hours approx.
- Author BiographyThe Archers was first broadcast on BBC radio in 1951, and it continues to this day, with a new episode broadcast daily on BBC Radio 4 (excepting Saturdays) plus an omnibus edition on Sundays. The story centres around the inhabitants of the village of Ambridge, including the Archers, the Grundys, the Aldridges and the Carters. In 1965 the death of Grace Archer caused a national outcry, and the serial continues to attract press attention regularly. Joanna Toye has been writing for the programme since 1984, and in 2015 she wrote the spin-off radio drama Dead Girls Tell No Tales, about the killing off of Grace Archer.
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication13/10/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight174 g
- Width125 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Read byFull Cast,Simon Russell Beale,Ysanne Churchman
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time180
- Edition StatementA&M
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.