All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a True Story about a farmer turned dacoit/bandit. In the pre and post independence era in India from 1939 till 1954 he held a vast criminal record of more than 100 criminal cases registered against him, including more than 1200 robberies, 185 murders, 90 police encounters and killing 32 policemen. But still he has a temple to his name and people and the villagers worship him as a god in his village till date. He robbed and killed for the people of his village and went beyond measures to help them and save them from the landlords and money lenders who exploited the villagers. His reign of terror was put to an end by a 'Gurkha' Captain Babbar Singh Thappa of the Gurkha Regiment of the Indian Army. When the police failed to get him the army was called in under the direction of the supremo The Prime Minister himself. Out of all the dacoits the valley had produced he was the only one to have had a temple to his name and he is worshiped still.
- Author BiographyThe author is just a sales man working for a reputed company undergoing a corporate lifestyle. Who loves to read and write books at his leisure hours as a hobby. This is his second book, the first one was Warrior Queens.
- Author(s)MR Vasant Shivkumar Mohite
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.