CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Archetype Strikes Back overturns traditional religious narratives, sending down roots into the ground from which our deepest symbols arise. Mourning and ecstacy mingle in these poems stirring the reader into sensual encounters with nature and humanity. Robert Graves proclaimed that great poetry invokes the hidden White Goddess, who holds the key to the mystery of life and death. With passionate erudition, Nelwbrough invokes this archetypal persona, the Mother of Kwledge, who was banished in Genesis, yet whose wisdom speaks again through the poet's voice.
- Author BiographyFeminist writer Celeste Newbrough is the author of Unspent Motion, the international underground best seller, Pagan Psalms, and four other books. She was a featured poet at the University of California at Berkeley and taught creative writing and women's studies at San Francisco City College and the Harvey Milk Institute. Her work appears widely in anthologies, literary journals, feminist, gay, and environmental publications. Retired from the University of California, she lives in Santa Fe and in Berkeley.
- Author(s)Celeste Newbrough
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.