Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe Yale Center for British Art stands as the final masterpiece of the great 20th-century American architect Louis I. Kahn (1901--1974). It received the 2005 American Institute of Architects Twenty-Five Year Award horing significant architectural landmarks ...that have withstood the test of time. This handsome volume, originally published for the Center's grand opening in 1977, is a timely reminder of the Center's architectural distinction. Contemporaneous photographs and an enlightening essay by Jules David Prown provide an account of the architecture, design, and circumstances of its commission and building. A new foreword by its current director, Amy Meyers, brings the celebration of the Center into the present day.
- Author BiographyJules David Prown is the Paul Mellon Professor Emeritus of the History of Art at Yale University. He served as the first Director of the Yale Center for British Art from 1968 to 1976.
- Author(s)Jules David Prown
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2009
- Series TitleYale Center for British Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note32 duotone illustrations + 16 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byAmy R. W. Meyers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.