All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theory of elliptic curves is distinguished by its long history and by the diversity of the methods that have been used in its study. This book treats the arithmetic approach in its modern formulation, through the use of basic algebraic number theory and algebraic geometry. Following a brief discussion of the necessary algebro-geometric results, the book proceeds with an exposition of the geometry and the formal group of elliptic curves, elliptic curves over finite fields, the complex numbers, local fields, and global fields. Final chapters deal with integral and rational points, including Siegels theorem and explicit computations for the curve Y = X + DX, while three appendices conclude the whole: Elliptic Curves in Characteristics 2 and 3, Group Cohomology, and an overview of more advanced topics.
- Author BiographyDr. Joseph Silverman is a professor at Brown University and has been an instructor or professors since 1982. He was the Chair of the Brown Mathematics department from 2001-2004. He has received numerous fellowships, grants and awards, as well as being a frequently invited lecturer. He is currently a member of the Council of the American Mathematical Society. His research areas of interest are number theory, arithmetic geometry, elliptic curves, dynamical systems and cryptography. He has co-authored over 120 publications and has had over 20 doctoral students under his tutelage. He has published 9 highly successful books with Springer, including the recently released, An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography, for Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics.
- Author(s)Joseph H. Silverman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 106
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight923 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2009
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.