All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn the wake of endless terrorist attacks that have taken the U.S. to the brink of societal collapse, a kind of rabid zombie is born that catapults the world beyond the brink and into unprecedented levels of terror. And on the eve of the apocalypse, only three types may survive: the wealthy, the fortunate, and the well prepared. A long string of terrorist attacks has humanity on edge, which prompts John, a very rich man, and his family to buy a mountain in the Rockies and build a massive bomb shelter there. It's their own version of NORAD-and their salvation. Unwilling to leave any family members behind, John also builds a house with a bomb shelter for his niece, Maggie, who is going to college in Boulder. Meanwhile, an ex-military biologist, Simon, and his son, Peter, have been living above a bomb shelter in a Denver suburb for years, and they are more than prepared, or so they think. After the attacks subside for a few years, protests against the government roar up across the country. Rampant and uncontained, the situation forces the police to use an experimental tear gas. However, the tear gas has been tampered with, which causes a kind of human rabies, creating a kind of zombie effect in anyone infected. Suddenly, uncontrollable means something all together different. Not even John, Maggie, Simon, and Peter, despite their preparations, can anticipate what is to come. When the infected spread outside the major protest cities, it cripples the country and makes it vulnerable to further attack. An eventual nuclear attack will force the president to respond by attacking the suspected countries, thus creating a domi effect that will become full-out nuclear war, World War III, and, eventually, the Apocalypse.
- Author BiographyAuthor Scott Kotrous pursues his passion for writing as he completes his second book in The Ark Series, a story of hope in a post-apocalyptic United States. He lives in Denver, Colorado, where he enjoys snowboarding, mountain biking, and composing music.
- Author(s)Scott K Kotrous
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.