All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1915, the Armenians were exiled from their land, and in the process of deportation 1.5 million of them were killed. The 1915-1916 annihilation of the Armenians was the archetype of modern gecide, in which a state adopts a specific scheme geared to the destruction of an identifiable group of its own citizens. Official German diplomatic documents are of great importance in understanding the gecide, as only Germany had the right to report day-by-day in secret code about the ongoing gecide. The motives, methods, and after-effects of the Armenian Gecide echoed strongly in subsequent cases of state-sponsored gecide. Studying the factors that went into the Armenian Gecide t only gives us an understanding of historical gecide, but also provides us with crucial information for the anticipation and possible prevention of future gecides.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Gust is an independent scholar based in Germany. For many years he was Foreign News Editor and Correspondent with the highly respected German news magazine Der Spiegel. He is the author of two previous books about the Armenian Genocide and the Ottoman Empire, as well as several articles related to the subject.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Gust
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1247 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.