Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionOn June 27, 1862, with the American Civil War already a year old, General Robert E. Lee assumed personal command of troops engaged in driving the Federal Army of the Potomac out of Richmond troops which would henceforth be kwn as The Army of Northern Virginia. Philip Katcher explores in absorbing detail all aspects of the army, including infantry, cavalry, artillery, technical and medical corps, paying particular attention to equipment, weapons and uniforms. Contemporary and museum photographs, together with the author's expert text, combine to paint a vivid and accurate picture of what life was like for the average confederate soldier.
- Author BiographyPhilip Katcher was born in Los Angeles, California, to parents involved in the film industry. He was educated at the University of Maryland and served in the US Army in Vietnam. He has also been an active participant in living history activities, especially in the 18th and 19th century periods. He has written a number of books on various periods of US military history and presently is editor/publisher of Military Images Magazine.
- Author(s)Michael Youens,Philip Katcher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/04/1975
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.37
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight187 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.