All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionA moment of kindness in a sea of unfamiliarity...A long, hard day at work...A lively party...A stalgic lullaby...The story begins in Nigeria where the character of Dele plays a last game of football with his friends and says goodbye to his son Chidi, telling him he will send for him. He then embarks on a voyage where he meets strangers along the way carrying their own stories of upheaval, struggle and hope - sharing his dream to make their home in a new city and be joined by their families. Dele's journey melds with the present day. In an inner-city hostel, Dele is an old man being looked after by Tian Mey, his carer. He reflects the past and his journey to where he is w and his story intertwines with the other migrants, both in his memories of the journey and the present-day reality of the hostel. Based on the illustrated vel by Oscar winner Shaun Tan, one man's tale echoes the many 'arrivals' happening around us all the time. This epic migration story unfolds through an extraordinary weaving together of theatre, circus and music. The Arrival tells the age-old story of immigration that is universal across peoples of diverse histories, countries and cultures.
- Author BiographyKristine Landon-Smith is joint founder and Artistic Director of Tamasha and has directed nearly all of the company's shows. Her 1996 production, East is East, was nominated for an Olivier award and her original production of Fourteen Songs, Two Weddings and a Funeral won the Barclays Theatre Award for Best New Musical. More recently, Kristine has directed The Trouble with Asian Men (artsdepot, Soho Theatre, UK tours and Sydney 2012), the musical Wuthering Heights and The House of Bilquis Bibi. Sita Brahmachari has a distinguished career in the arts. Her first novel, Artichoke Hearts, won the Waterstone's Children's Book Award 2011. She was also shortlisted for the Carnegie Award for her latest novel, Jasmine Skies.
- Author(s)Kristine Landon-Smith,Sita Brahmachari
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight62 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.