All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe Art Book is the first ever fully-illustrated art dictionary. It presents an abundance of famous, varied and colourful images by 500 of the greatest artists from the Middle Ages to the present day. Arranged in alphabetical order by artist, it is amazingly easy to use. With one full page, representative image per artist and an informative text that discusses the work in detail as well as offering information about its creator, The Art Book is both educational and fun. Presenting an entirely fresh way of looking at art, this book is an invaluable resource for reference and inspiration in every home, school, library or studio. Ideal for anyone new to art, it also serves as a visual sourcebook for teachers and designers, and will be a constant source of stimulus and delight for anyone wishing to look at art in a new light. Winner of the Illustrated Book of the Year award in 1994, The Art Book has been an outstanding success and become a universally acclaimed landmark in the world of art. Now published in over 20 different languages and also in mini, midi and hardback formats, it has received rave reviews from countless newspapers and magazines and has made many appearances on the bestseller lists. Complemented by The 20th Century Art Book and The American Art Book, its unique approach brings art to life, in all its magnificent diversity. An A-Z guide to 500 great painters and sculptors from medieval to modern times, it debunks art-historical classifications by throwing together brilliant examples of all periods, schools, visions and techniques.
- Author BiographyThis compilation draws together the research and works of a broad selection of curators, critics, artists and academics.
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/1997
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date29/11/2016
- Content Note500 colour and b&w illustrations, glossaries, directory
- Weight544 g
- Width123 mm
- Height163 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.