Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.60
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.68
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $22.85
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $36.11
About this product
- DescriptionWhat separates a masterpiece from a piece of junk? Thanks to the BBC's Antiques Roadshow and its American spin-off, everyone is searching garage sales and hunting online for hidden gems, wondering whether their attics contain trash or treasures. In The Art Detective, Philip Mould, one of the world's foremost authorities on British portraiture and an irreverent and delightful expert for the Roadshow, serves up his secrets and his best stories, blending the technical details of art detection and restoration with juicy tales peopled by a range of eccentric collectors, scholars, forgers, and opportunities.Each chapter focuses on one particular painting and the mystery that surrounds it. Mould is our trusty detective, tracking down clues, uncovering human foibles, and following hunches until the truth is revealed. Mould is kwn for his ability to crack the toughest puzzles, and whether he's writing about a fake Norman Rockwell, a hidden Rembrandt, or a lost Gainsborough, he brings both the art and the adventure to life. The Art Detective is memoir, mystery, art history, and brilliant yarn all rolled into one.
- Author BiographyPhilip Mould appears regularly on the BBC's Antiques Roadshow and hosted the Channel 4 series Changing Faces, about the evolution of portraiture. Known as the art detective, he owns a gallery in London, is the art adviser to the British House of Commons and House of Lords, and even sold a painting to the Queen. He lives in London wih his wife and son and is turning parts of his book The Art Detective into a major multipart prime-time television series. James Langton trained as an actor at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. An AudioFile Earphones Award winner, he has performed many voice-overs and narrated numerous audiobooks, including the international bestseller The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud by Julia Navarro, The Virtues of War by Steven Pressfield, and The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan. He is also a professional musician who led the internationally renowned Pasadena Roof Orchestra from 1996 to 2002. James was born in York, England, and is now based in New York City.
- Author(s)Philip Mould
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)James Langton
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time420
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.