All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn July 1881, bill-posting became legal in Paris. The result was an explosion of creativity over three glorious decades recognised as the golden age of poster advertising, stirring together elements of new printing techlogy, William Morris' attempts to reconcile medieval artistry with modern industry, the influence of newly-open Japan on European engraving and aesthetics, and the talents of artists as diverse as Jules Cheret, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Alphonse Mucha and Aubrey Beardsley. The Art Nouveau Poster is the most comprehensive survey to date of this vivid and much loved subject, featuring over 400 illustrations from all of the major European centres, Britain and the United States, with an informative and accessible text. A final chapter looks at the revival of interest in the 1960s following major retrospective exhibitions of Alphonse Mucha and Aubrey Beardsley, and features work from the psychedelic era.
- Author BiographyALAIN WEILL is an art historian and internationally recognized expert in graphic arts and advertising. He is President of the Jury of EPICA, the European Advertising Award, and is the author of several books and exhibition catalogues on the subject of graphic art and publicity posters. He lives in France.
- Author(s)Alain Weill
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight2495 g
- Width260 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.