All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe formation and communication of vision is one of the primary responsibilities of a director, before ever getting to the nuts and bolts of the process. The Art and Practice of Directing for Theatre helps the young director learn how to discover, harness, and meld the two. Providing both a practical and theoretical foundation for directors, this book explores how to craft an artistic vision for a production, and sparks inspiration in directors to put their learning into practice.
- Author BiographyPaul B. Crook is Professor of Theatre at Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, LA, where he teaches both undergraduate and graduate directing and acting courses and supervises all student directing projects, in addition to directing for the Department of Theatre. Paul has previously served as the Director of Theatre Arts for Andrew College in Cuthbert, GA; on the faculty of Shelton State Community College Theatre; as a Distance Educator for the University of Alabama Department of Theatre and Dance; was one of the founding directors of the Kentuck Players in Northport, AL and also served as the Artistic Coordinator for the SecondStage Theatre in Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Author(s)Paul B. Crook
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white tables
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.