All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped especially for today's working environment, this is the modern home visitor's complete introductory text to early intervention for children with disabilities and their families. Building on their extensive academic backgrounds and practical experience in the field of early intervention, the authors address the complex issues home visitors face in their daily work with families who have diverse backgrounds and needs. Together, they give readers a fresh approach to home visiting that's culturally sensitive, family centered and designed to help each unique family reach their specific goals. Home visitors will learn the skills and attitudes they'll need to: help parents enjoy a lead role in guiding their child's development; adjust their approach for a wide range of families, including teen parents, grandparents, and parents with disabilities; work successfully with interpreters and translators; and, communicate in a warm, accepting, respectful, and empathetic way.
- Author BiographyRuth E. Cook is Professor and Interim Chair of Education, and Director, Special Education Programs, Santa Clara University. Shirley N. Sparks is Adjunct Professor, Santa Clara University.
- Author(s)Ruth E. Cook,Shirley N. Sparks
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.