All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionWhile professional trainings in psychotherapy and counselling vary considerably in the attention they pay to assessment, courses, conferences and workshops devoted to the subject are attracting an audience eager for more demonstration and discussion. In response, The Art and Science of Assessment in Psychotherapy offers an extended symposium on principles and practice. Guided by a belief that comparative study will spur critical reflection and invation, its presentations encompass a wide range of therapeutic orientations, settings and interests. In the book twelve distinguished practitioners of widely used approaches within psychotherapy describe the methods they use in their assessments and how these have developed. They also discuss the uses and limitations of the therapies they offer. The approaches covered include psychoanalytic psychotherapy, in-patient psychotherapy, family therapy, group psychotherapy, psychodrama, cognitive-behaviour therapy, couple therapy and focal therapy. Additional chapters look at assessment in the light of psychotherapy research, question how far assessment can be separated from treatment, and ask whether the use of questionnaires and special tests aids or detracts from interviewing as a method of assessment. As psychotherapy matures as a profession, both chrologically and in response to public demand, interest in assessment methods is growing, yet to date the published material has been limited and dispersed amongst specialist books and journals. The Art and Science of Assessment in Psychotherapy offer the first comprehensive, practical review of a key professional issue which will be of interest to all practising psychotherapists and counsellors.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/1995
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notefigs.ch.
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byChris Mace
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.