The Art and Science of Competency Models: Pinpointing Critical Success Factors in Organizations by Richard Lepsinger, Anntoinette D. Lucia (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $137.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionHow Do You Ensure that Employees Are Doing the Right Things? Many of us ask, What does it take to do a job well? and stop there. But there's more to it than that. What skills and kwledge are necessary for effectiveness in a certain job? Does the employee have the appropriate skills and kwledge, or is some kind of training necessary? Are these job expectations aligned with the culture and strategy of the organization as a whole? These questions are essential to performance improvement efforts. And competency modeling is designed to help you find answers to questions such as these. A competency model is ...a descriptive tool that identifies the skills, kwledge, personal characteristics, and behaviors needed to effectively perform a role in the organization and help the business meet its strategic objectives. From the authors of the best-selling book The Art and Science of 360? Feedback comes this guide to the design and implementation of competency models. The authors have taken competency modeling out of the domain of academics and social scientists by creating a practical 'how-to' work that clearly and simply explains the steps in developing and using competency models. I recommAnd this book to anyone whose job includes the pinpointing and sharpening of relevant competencies, for themselves or for others. --Scott B. Parry, chairman, Training House Lucia and Lepsinger have demystified competency models and put in the hands of the reader a blueprint for developing meaningful recruiting, performance measurement, and succession planning systems. They succeed with a straightforward, pragmatic style, using actual examples that make the book an easy read. --Frank Ashen, senior vice president, New York Stock Exchange Get the Results You Expect! Competency models are a means of ensuring that your investment in your employees will yield the expected results. The popularity of competency modeling is steadily increasing: human resource proYou'll use this cutting-edge guide to: Clarify job and work expectations Hire the best available people Maximize productivity Enhance a 360? feedback process Align behavior with organizational strategies and values Adapt to change
- Author BiographyANNTOINNETTE D. LUCIA and RICHARD LEPSINGER are managing partners of Manus, a Right Management Consultants company that specializes in helping organizations implement business strategies. Their consulting work has included facilitating organizational change; team building for senior management teams; linking human resource plans to strategic plans; ensuring the integration of teams following mergers; designing, conducting, and evaluating executive and management development programs; developing competency models; and using feedback systems to help individual executives improve their effectiveness. They have worked with managers and management teams at Coca-Cola, Allied Signal, Northwestern Mutual Life, Chase Manhattan Bank, KPMG Peat Marwick, MCI, the New York Stock Exchange, Prudential, PaineWebber, Subaru of America, Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, and Union Carbide, among others. Lucia and Lepsinger are co-authors of the best-selling book The Art and Science of 360? Feedback, published by Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer.
- Author(s)Anntoinette D. Lucia,Richard Lepsinger
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/06/1999
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width164 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.