All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this comprehensive guide to hand reading, based on Ellen Goldberg's 40 years of teaching palmistry and the Western Mystery tradition, the authors detail how to interpret all features of the hand, t simply the lines of the palm. They explain the character traits and personality archetypes associated with each of the seven mounts of the palm and how to determine which are most influential in the nature of the individual. The mount archetypes reveal the lifestyle, love, sex, and marriage preferences, the best career choices, and the unique strengths and weaknesses for each person. The authors examine the shapes of the palm, fingers, and nails as well as the texture of the skin and the flexibility of the hand, factors that enhance the qualities revealed by the palm. They explain the meaning of each major and mir line and include timing guides for each, making it possible to locate specific events. They show how your lines change over time, reflecting the influence of the person's own mind in healing defects found on their lines. Presenting the hand as a guide to self-fulfilment, the authors incorporate correspondences to other mystical sciences such as astrology, Kabbalah, the Hermetic teachings, and archetypal psychology. With detailed sample readings and hundreds of illustrations, they show how to integrate the meanings of each part of the hand to form a complete picture of your inner psychology and your ever-changing destiny.
- Author BiographyEllen Goldberg, primary author, is a psychotherapist and an internationally renowned teacher of Tarot and Palmistry. She is the founder and director of the School of Oracles and has been on the faculty of the New York Open Center since 1986. This book is based on her 40 years of teaching Palmistry and the Western Mystery tradition. Dorian Bergen, assistant author, is the co-owner of ACA Galleries in New York City. A student and practitioner of palmistry for more than 25 years, Dorian is a long time student of metaphysics and has a special interest in documenting how children's hands change over time. Both authors live in New York City.
- Author(s)Dorian Bergen,Ellen Goldberg
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDestiny Books,U.S.
- Content Note610 b&w photographs
- Weight1309 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
Most relevant reviews
- chubbyfoot15 Feb, 2017by
Anyone starting out in palmistry would find this book easy to read and understand. Plenty of pictures that show good examples of the complexities of hand reading.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.