All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionEffective leadership reflects both art and science. Background, theory, and kwledge is the science. Appropriate and effective application is the art. Conceptual and practical, this concise, easy to understand book is an excellent resource. The intent of The Art and Science of Leading is to support those educators who work to realize the mission of education: to educate all children to become thoughtful, independent, successful, and happy adults, ones who make positive contributions to the well-being of their community, their country, and the world. It discusses the theory of leadership, includes beliefs and skills critical to effective leadership, and provides specific examples that illustrate the practical, real-life applications of those theories, beliefs, and skills. Institutions and individuals with an interest in planning, group dynamics, and leadership, both inside and outside the field of education, will find The Art and Science of Leading to be highly valuable, including incumbent administrators, college professors, and districts with leadership development programs. This book will stimulate thought and discussion while providing specific, helpful tips for current and future leaders.
- Author BiographyPete Lorain has been a student of leadership and been in many leadership positions, both formal and informal. He has held many positions in education: high school teacher, counselor, and vice principal; middle school principal; district director of high schools and middle schools; and Human Resources Director. Pete has worked with schools, districts, and state and national associations in school improvement, strategic planning, personnel, and all aspect of middle school education. He is a past president of Association for Middle Level Education and as AMLE Transition Chair Pete conducted two executive director searches.
- Author(s)Peter Lorain,Roger L. Close
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight431 g
- Width159 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.