All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionEvery Technique for On- and Off-Loom Beadweaving and Beadwork with Cylinder Beads, Rocailles, Czech Glass, and more. The definitive reference book for everything beadwork, offering a compendious collection of techniques, both on- and off-loom, for creating exquisite pieces using tiny beads. Each of the many techniques is illustrated with large how-to photographic steps (and inset diagrams for any especially tricky bits) and plenty of inspirational finished examples that use the techniques. There's a Stitch Dictionary as well as definitions of the myriad types of beads: their composition, sizes, shapes, and finishes; and how to use them, with clear guidance on principles of colour and design, and jewellery construction. Includes a unique collection of projects by different designers to showcase techniques and encourage readers to try out new skills.
- Author BiographyJane Lock is a jewellery designer and writer with a background in knitting and museum-licensing. She is obsessed with small beads and beadweaving techniques, and loves to share this passion via workshops and her published designs. When not beading, knitting or writing Jane can be found in her local bead shop talking about beading. Nancy is a long-time beader and self-confessed beadaholic. She sells her creations online and works mainly in off-loom stitches, though she is currently in a bead embroidery phase, with right angle weave coming in a close second. Carol is a former English teacher and professional writer/editor who discovered the creative joys of beading when she grew tired of analysing everything. She founded her beading and quilting company Sand Fibers in 2005, and hasn't looked back since. Heather started beading stringing in 2007 and soon found she needed a greater challenge. After battling with Peyote as her first stitch, she realised a passion had been born. She now sells her creations online. Glenda holds a growing list of awards for her art beadwork, which she also sells online as well as writing about beadwork and beyond for various beading magazines. Kerrie has lived and breathed beads since her first encounter with beading around nine years ago. She has since had designs published online and in beading magazines in the UK, USA, and Germany. She runs her own beading company, Kerrie Slade Contemporary Beadwork, where she showcases her creations and sells her patterns, and runs beading tutorials.
- Author(s)Jane Lock
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note500 colour
- Width215 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.