The Art of Computer Programming: Generating All Tuples and Permutations: Volume 4, Fascicle 2: Combinatorial Algorithms by Donald E. Knuth (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.07+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFinally, after a wait of more than thirty-five years, the first part of Volume 4 is at last ready for publication. Check out the boxed set that brings together Volumes 1 - 4A in one elegant case, and offers the purchaser a $50 discount off the price of buying the four volumes individually. The Art of Computer Programming, Volumes 1-4A Boxed Set, 3/e ISBN: 0321751043 Art of Computer Programming, Volume 4, Fascicle 2, The: Generating All Tuples and Permutations: Generating All Tuples and Permutations This multivolume work on the analysis of algorithms has long been recognized as the definitive description of classical computer science. The three complete volumes published to date already comprise a unique and invaluable resource in programming theory and practice. Countless readers have spoken about the profound personal influence of Knuth's writings. Scientists have marveled at the beauty and elegance of his analysis, while practicing programmers have successfully applied his cookbook solutions to their day-to-day problems. All have admired Knuth for the breadth, clarity, accuracy, and good humor found in his books. To begin the fourth and later volumes of the set, and to update parts of the existing three, Knuth has created a series of small books called fascicles, which will be published t regular intervals. Each fascicle will encompass a section or more of wholly new or evised material. Ultimately, the content of these fascicles will be rolled up into the comprehensive, final versions of each volume, and the ermous undertaking that began in 1962 will be complete. Volume 4, Fascicle 2 This fascicle inaugurates the eagerly awaited publication of Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 4: Combinatorial Algorithms. Part of what will be a long chapter on combinatorial searching, the fascicle begins his treatment of how to generate all possibilities. Specifically, it discusses the generation of all n-tuples, then extends those ideas to all permutations. Such algorithms provide a natural motivation by means of which many of the key ideas of combinatorial mathematics can be introduced and explored. In this and other fascicles of Volume 4, Knuth illuminates important theories by discussing related games and puzzles. Even serious programming can be fun.
- Author BiographyDonald E. Knuth is known throughout the world for his pioneering work on algorithms and programming techniques, for his invention of the Tex and Metafont systems for computer typesetting, and for his prolific and influential writing. Professor Emeritus of The Art of Computer Programming at Stanford University, he currently devotes full time to the completion of these fascicles and the seven volumes to which they belong.
- Author(s)Donald E. Knuth
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/02/2005
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.