All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionThis book stresses the human side of leadership as the central feature regarding credibility in the public forums where leadership is really tested. As such, leadership is an art because it involves performance as a form of public theater. No other text on this topic demonstrates so ably how the field has been lopsidedly dominated by science to the detriment of art. Leadership cant be improved by simply defining it better; it has to be practiced. The real improvement of practice is rooted in the art, i.e., the application. Key Features: o Presentation of the idea that leadership is an art, the practice of leadership is t a science but an applied art o Content material is connected to self-discovery and learning how to be critically reflective via journal writing o Connection to films as an excellent method to learn about leading in context. Each chapter has a glossary of critical terms and concepts which help the reader learn and understand important vocabulary.
- Author BiographyFenwick W. English (Ph.D.) is the R. Wendell Eaves Senior Distinguished Professor of Educational Leadership in the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a position he has held since 2001. As a scholar/practitioner he has held positions as a school principal and superintendent of schools in California and New York and as a department chair, dean, and vice-chancellor of academic affairs at universities in Ohio and Indiana. He is the former President of the University Council of Educational Administration (UCEA) and of the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA). His research has been reported in national and international academic forums. He edited the 2006 SAGE Encyclopedia of Educational Leadership and Administration, the 2009 SAGE Library of Educational Thought and Practice: Educational Leadership and Administration; and the 2011 SAGE Handbook of Educational Leadership (2nd Ed.). In 2013, he received the Living Legend Award from NCPEA for his lifetime contribution to the field of educational leadership.
- Author(s)Fenwick W. English
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/10/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.