All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince its first appearance in 1978, Elfquest has touched the spirit of multiple generations thanks to the strength of Wendy Pini's captivating storytelling and dynamic art. Fortunately for its fans, nearly every piece of Pini's original art, sketches, tes and scraps of paper dating back to the conception of her fantasy comic series has been meticulously catalogued and preserved by the artist and her husband-collaborator, Richard. And w--after years of research and with unparalleled access to those files--we present The Art of Elfquest, which represents a complete overview of the very best artwork spanning nearly forty years. Each piece has been meticulously scanned directly from the original artwork and approved by the Pinis. No other collection has featured such a tremendous amount of material being revealed for the first time. The Art of Elfquest features the very best covers and premium samples of interior pages spanning its historic run. This massive collection continues with sections devoted to Elfquest's continued success in comics and is further accentuated by sections on calendars and portfolios, a coloring book and vel illustrations, art for film and newspaper-strip proposals, a feature on the first concepts and much more. Fresh interviews with Wendy and Richard Pini also infuse the book with revealing captions to supplement Wendy's art. Whether you are new to the adventures or have been with Elfquest from its earliest days, you will enjoy and cherish this gorgeous retrospective, which properly highlights the art of a legendary pioneer in the independent comics field.
- Author BiographyWendy Pini is the co-creator, writer, artist and colorist for the long-running fantasy graphic novel series Elfquest. She has also written and painted two Beauty and the Beast graphic novels, as well as a critically acclaimed 400-page dark, futuristic reimagining of Poe's Masque of the Red Death. Richard Pini is the co-creator, sometimes-writer, editor and publisher for the long-running fantasy graphic novel series Elfquest. A graduate of MIT in astronomy as well as planetarium writer, lecturer, and teacher, he has also contributed numerous articles to magazines on the wonders of the heavens.
- Author(s)Richard Pini
- PublisherFlesk Publications
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Cruz
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFlesk Publications
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight2099 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wendy Pini
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 16
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $14.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.