Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.04+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author's vast falconry experience, combined with that of his fellow contributors, make this volume kwledge-heavy yet light and entertaining in style. It covers all aspects of modern falconry, from the traditions that shaped the sport we kw today to its underpinning ethics and philosophy as it continues to evolve in the 21st century. It takes the reader around the globe in search of ultimate quarry species, relating methods and motives through the hawking experiences of those who seek the most challenging flights in their art. Scottish red grouse and Belgian crows; houbara hawking with gyrfalcons and sakers; wood pigeon hawking with peregrines and goshawks; sand grouse, snipe and sage grouse with high-flying falcons: this book gives the falconer pride in the sport's traditions and enthusiasm for the future development and evolution of this living heritage.
- Author BiographyPatrick Morel is renowned worldwide as a falconer Master. He has an innate sense of hunting, is a modest expert on 'grande quete' pointing dogs (particulary English pointers) and is himself a fine shot.He is the former President of the Belgian Association of Falconry (Club Marie de Bourgogne), and was previously President of the International Association for Falconry, when he was instrumental in bringing together 60 countries which practice falconry.Patrick's idea and initiative and the teamwork of a group of equally passionate experts led to the official classification of falconry as 'intangible cultural heritage' during the General Assembly of UNESCO on 16 November 2010.The French edition of the Art of Falconry, published in 2013, has been a bestseller and recognised as the best book on hunting in French.
- Author(s)Patrick Morel
- PublisherMedina Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNewport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMedina Publishing Ltd
- Weight2540 g
- Width226 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.