All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionA dark romanticism pervades The Art of Forgotten Things. Necklaces and bracelets using one-of-a-kind components hint at fragments of stories that exist only in the imagination, evoking a half-remembered, mysterious past. Each piece tells a story, if only one could find the key. Melanie shows how to create delicate beaded frames, clasps, nets, and components with seed beads and combine them with mixed-media elements for jewelry with an evocative look and feel. An extensive techniques section includes instructions for flat and tubular peyote, right-angle weave, bead netting, bead embroidery, and picot edges and fringes; basic jewelry techniques such as wire wrapping; mixed-media techniques such as foiling; and additional embellishment. The author discusses various types of beads used in the projects, from tiny seed beads to crystals, pressed glass, pearls, and more, as well as other materials, tools, and treasures that make each creation unique. Detailed step-by-step instructions are provided for each project and most also feature variations in which the project is dramatically altered by adding or changing elements. There is also an emphasis on using readily available materials and items a person might already have in their collection, along with directions for locating more unusual or vintage items.
- Author BiographyMelanie Doerman was a beloved member of the beading and mixed-media jewelry community for many years. A popular workshop teacher and a frequent contributor to Beadwork and Belle Armoire Jewelry magazines, she lived in California with her husband Asbjorn. The Art of Forgotten Things was Melanie's first book.
- Author(s)Melanie Doerman
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Note160 colour illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width216 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.