All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.60Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe Art of Horsemanship by Xephon is the first ever book of its kind on selecting, training and riding horses. Eloquently written by an articulate ancient Greek horseman, The Art of Horsemanship is a quick read but entertaining and enlightening. This English translation is very fluid and easy to understand. Xephon covers all the basics of horse husbandry that are still followed 2500 years later. If you are thinking of owning or training a horse, The Art of Horsemanship is a good place to start. For those of us who have the twin passions of horses and history, this book is fascinating to read. Xephon speaks like trainers today who are training gentle. There are differences of course because his main thrust is a trustworthy mount for a cavalry that did t use saddles. His affection for the animals is apparent from the opening page. This book would be of interest to anyone who is in love with horses, or would like a fuller understanding of the ancient use of cavalry.
- Author BiographyXenophon, also known as Xenophon of Athens and Xenophon of Thebes, was a soldier, mercenary, and a contemporary and admirer of Socrates. He is known for his writings on the history of his own times, preserving the sayings of Socrates, and the life of ancient Greece.
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.