All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.22Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly illustrated publication brings together 93 paintings and 85 drawings from the Royal Collection, and accompanies an exhibition of international importance. These include works by Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, Bellini, Titian, Bronzi, Correggio, Parmigiani, Veronese, Lotto, Tintoretto, the Carracci, Caravaggio, the Gentileschi, Guido Reni and Guerci; together with others by artists rarely encountered in British collections, such as Andrea Schiavone, Francesco Salviati, Cristofa Allori and Giovanni Baglione. They range from small studies to large altarpieces, and from religious narratives to mythological subjects and portraiture. Many are discussed in detail for the first time since the 1980s; scholarly thinking from the last twenty years is presented and reassessed, and fresh insights drawn from the latest research.
- Author BiographyLucy Whitaker is Assistant Surveyor of The Queen's Pictures. She has lectured and written widely on the paintings in the Royal Collection. Martin Clayton is Deputy Curator of the Print Room at Windsor Castle, and is well known as an authority on Italian drawings. His publications include the award-winning Leonardo da Vinci: The Divine and the Grotesque (2002).
- Author(s)Lucy Whitaker,Martin Clayton
- PublisherRoyal Collection Trust
- Date of Publication10/04/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Collection Enterprises Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/03/2010
- Content Note320 colour illustrations
- Weight2500 g
- Width245 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.