All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPainting in oil on linen, and pastel and watercolour on handmade paper, artist Li-lan portrays birds and airplanes in flight, insects and animals, the occasional figure, and architectural imagery from places she has visited as well as those only seen in photographs. Her oeuvre began in the early 1960s and was comprised of still lifes and bright, detailed, and full figures. Over the years she has found her domain, transitioning through various subjects, while staying true to her independent spirit. Li-lan's detailed and imaginative subjects provide thought-provoking compositions. Author and art critic Carter Ratcliff summarises his prologue with these beckoning comments: 'There is one right way to understand Li-lan's art. It is up to each of us to find interpretations that feel satisfactory. The richer my interpretation of Li-lan's art, the stronger is my sense of myself as an interpreter, as one sensibility communicating with ather...It depends, rather, on my willingness to be open to the extraordinary potential of Li-lan's imagery.'
- Author(s)Carter Ratcliff
- PublisherHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/12/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note105 Colour
- Weight1610 g
- Width300 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.