All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionHow we communicate with each other matters greatly. Our identity, our friendships and marriages, our families, and our culture are the product of how we speak to one ather. Our words affect our hopes and dreams, as well as those of our children. We insult, complain, or criticize. We compliment, offer support, and inspire. These are choices that take place in the crevices of our most private and public conversations with others. This book bridges communication theory and practice to foreground an important message: positive communication matters. By examining closely how people talk to each other at home or at work, this book enables undergraduate and graduate students to communicate more positively. The Art of Positive Communication is an ideal text for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in interpersonal communication courses and as a supplemental text to inspire all students to communicate better.
- Author BiographyJulien C. Mirivel (PhD, University of Colorado at Boulder) is Associate Professor in the Department of Speech Communication at the University of Arkansas, Little Rock, and Co-Director of the Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence. His teaching and research focuses on how to improve communication practices in everyday and professional life.
- Author(s)Julien C. Mirivel
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.